View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 08:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cpt. Obvious
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z TT
Cpt. Obvious is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
What method of 3D printing, and what metal/plastic will be used?
The prototype is being printed with a FDM printer using PLA to reduce costs for testing purposes but the final product material has yet to be determined.
Looking at using Polycarbonate or high temp fiberglass. Possibly just printing a mold that will be more resistant to heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korstix View Post

I use SLS laser sintering for my manufacturing 3d printing at work, Nylon powder, glass fill powder, and aluminum powder (and some gov't jobs of course!). We also have traditional filament machines. I'm curious as well on what type of machine you will be producing this from and from what material. I'd be glad to give you any advice (not assuming you need it, just trying to be helpful) on quality prints!
I am definitely a fan of SLS printing and would love to have one when they get a bit more affordable or business grows. When time permits I plan on making another version of this that will be broken down into multiple parts and bolted together so I can incorporate carbon fiber elements. A version of this in aluminum would be nice so I'll send you a message and see if there's anything you can contribute.
Cpt. Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote