View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 07:55 PM   #68 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos_370z View Post
I know that maybe this is not the correct thread to ask this but for those that have or know something about the automatic transmission in a 370z or G37 and track them... How the transmission works? Any issues? I have to upgrade something maybe a transmission cooler, etc... I ask this because im looking to get a G37S and I cant find one with manual transmission... All of them are automatic

What you guys can tell me about that... any recomendations?

Thanks!
As already said, you need a trans cooler. I ran mine at 20 minute intervals in about 70 degree weather. 3 or 4 laps in you could tell the auto was NOT happy at all. Random hard shifts and slipping because of the heat built up. I'd also advise swapping out your brake fluid like I did. Other then these you should be ok. I've decided that I'm buying a track car sense I went two weekends and knew that I would harm the car iif I continues. One other thing make sure your brakes are in good standing, I burnt through 3 pads on the straight away at 110MPH yeah...IO had to change underwear and call it an early day.

Planing on buying a 350Z the end of March of this year.

I track with 2011 Nismo#91 and he runs a manual with no issues. Drive it home almost 2 hours afterwords. Think he's been doing this for about 5 years.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote