View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 06:01 PM   #67 (permalink)
Eagle
Track Member

Drives: 2011 370z Red 6MT
Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos_370z View Post
I know that maybe this is not the correct thread to ask this but for those that have or know something about the automatic transmission in a 370z or G37 and track them... How the transmission works? Any issues? I have to upgrade something maybe a transmission cooler, etc... I ask this because im looking to get a G37S and I cant find one with manual transmission... All of them are automatic

What you guys can tell me about that... any recomendations?

Thanks!
If you're going to track with the 7 speed auto, you should get the transmission oil cooler first. I would hate for you to have to go through the pains i went through. Usually the torque convertor seizes and or the flex plate breaks. Once that happens the transmission basically becomes inoperable and needs to be replaced.

There have been a few others who have experienced the same thing, wstar and megan370z also had to replace their transmissions. Even after adding the cooler, there is no gaurantee that the trans will last for a long time. I was able to get mine to last for 2 years and 10 track days after doing so.

Once i got my transmission fixed the last time (lol...i destroyed 4 transmissions) i decided that was enough and sold it, then bought a six speed 370z. Swapping the transmissions is harder than it looks and requires a lot of work to replace harnesses, the ecu and some other things to make the manual work in an automatic chassis. It was much easier and possibly cheaper to buy a used 370z and swap all my parts over.

nismo| EVO-R High Wing | Stillen Gen 3 CAI | SEIBON TS Hood | Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler | VMR 810 Wheels | Endless MX72 Pads |Sabelt GT-140 Seat |Fly1Motorsports RS1 Fenders | Hotchkis Front Sway Bar | Berk HFC |
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote