View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 11:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fuzzzy
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z 7AT MR
Fuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

DW's Altima had something like that a few years ago while we were nearing Yellowstone on vacation. All fluids looked ok to me, so we stopped to have it checked by apparently the only mechanic within 50 miles from where we were at the time. Stumped him completely.

We drove it a couple thousand miles before we got home. No issues on the rest of the trip, but we were expecting a tow at any point. I don't think it recurred before she sold it a couple of years later, but I may be wrong about that.

I wouldn't advise soldiering on with it as we did, but she was ready to move on from the Altima at that point anyway, so it wasn't a huge risk for us except for the possibility of being stranded.
Fuzzzy is offline   Reply With Quote