Thread: Walking Dead
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 08:26 AM   #1241 (permalink)
The Dimer
Track Member

Drives: 2010 PW 370z
The Dimer has a spectacular aura aboutThe Dimer has a spectacular aura about

Well last night was an interesting experience. I didn't hate it, but based on the reactions from the rest the internet I don't know if I enjoyed the episode or I just don't have to energy to let it bother me as much as it used to.

Carl dying was a dumb decision by the showrunners, and the way they decided to have him go out was a disservice to the character. He plays a big of a role in the comic story moving forward that I can't figure out if they're going to keep 'loosely' following the source material or just say screw it and depart from it completely. That being said, I thought Chandler Riggs gave the best performance he's ever given on the show and it genuinely made me feel sad to see him go.

I enjoyed the Carol/Morgan/Ezekiel story, save the stupid cliche kid that is reasonably told he can't come fight grown adults with guns but end ups following anyway, showing up at the end and ruin Morgan's moment. Shame on the other adults in the group that were supposed to take him to Carols cottage. I also enjoyed the conversation between Ezekiel and Gavin. I always got the feeling Gavin didn't like being a Savior and serves as one of Negan's Lieutenants because the alternative is less enjoyable. You can tell he's still got some semblance of a soul in him somewhere.

On the flip side, holy sh!t watching Morgan literally rip the guts out of the at Savior in Ezekiel's theater caught me off guard for a minute. I forgot how brutal some of the visuals can get sometimes. I kept waiting for him to say, "I've got to clear" the whole episode as he was mowing his way through the saviors.

The problem is that I'm sure Morgan watching a kid stab a man through the neck will now send Morgan into yet another crisis of conscience, and the show will slip into the all too familiar struggle of we have to kill to survive vs if we lose our humanity what are we fighting for. They writers need to pick a morality direction and stick with it because you can only flip flop so many times before everyone stops caring.