View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 11:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

Testing Fees in California
You do not have to pass the car emission test in California every two years if your car or truck is six years or younger. However, you will have to pay a $20 smog test abatement fee for your first six years of ownership. You must undergo auto emissions testing every two years once these six years are over. The owners of the following vehicles are not eligible for smog abatement, and will need to renew their vehicles every two years as needed.

Diesel-fueled vehicles that weigh less than 14,000 pounds and were produced in 1998 or later.
Specially constructed vehicles that were produced in 1976 or later.
Vehicles owned by nonresidents.
You will need to pay the car smoke test abatement fee each year until your initial six years come to an end. Drivers of older vehicles will be required to contact their local DMV for current testing prices, but most inspection fees are between $29.95 and 69.95 depending on the geographic location and car type.

https://www.dmv.com/ca/california/emissions-testing

Yay for your car if it is 6 years or under!

Technically, since my car is 2015, I don't have to get it smogged until 2022.
By that time my car will be waaaaaaay done upgrading, and I can purchase 370z in 2022, transfer all aftermarket parts into it, and it wouldn't need smog check for 6 years. After that, buy another car and do the same thing, haha that's one way to get past smog check in CA!
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote