View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
ClemsonVQdude
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Nissan 370z
ClemsonVQdude is on a distinguished road
Default Tip for installing rear spoiler

Recently installed a Nismo style spoiler on my ‘13 370,the spoiler did not come with instructions and while I was looking around before insalling it trying to find some help I found that this is very common for the spoilers to not come with instructions or templates, figured out an easy way to create your own template.
Pretty much no matter what spoiler you get, there will be four holes or so on the bottom of it that are to be screwed or bolted onto your hatch.
1. Cut up a couple pieces of construction or copy paper and get some double sided tape.
2. Turn your spoiler over to the bottom part that will be screwed/bolted down to the hatch. Tape the paper over the holes with double sided tape. Now you’re obviously going to want the bottom side of the tape(attaching to the hatch) to be stronger than side attatching to the spoiler or it will be dificult to pick the spoiler back up without the paper tearing or moving around. To do this you can use painters tape to attach the paper to the spoiler(adhesive side up) and then place a stronger doubled sided tape on top of the painters tape..
3. Place the spoiler on the hatch, make sure it is centered, will help to have another person with you to stand back and see if it is centered or not. Lift the spoiler up slowly, one side at a time and push the tape/paper down as you lift to keep it in place on the hatch (again good to have a helper with you for this) It took me a few tries picking the spoiler up to get the paper on there perfectly without it stretching or moving around.
4. Once you pick up the spoiler, if the paper did not move around and stuck in place correctly you will have your holes lined up for where you need to drill. Drill your holes and screw it down! (You will need to take off the plastic cover inside the hatch for better access, there are videos on how to do this on youtube, just two 10mm bolts and some clips)
Hope this helps somebody.
PS: I got a nismo style spoiler from Ikonmotorsports off ebay for $270 shipped and pre-painted the match the factory black color. Matches perfectly, ABS material, fast shipping and no problems with the spoiler. Looks great.

Last edited by ClemsonVQdude; 02-25-2018 at 07:19 PM.
ClemsonVQdude is offline   Reply With Quote