View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
OldFart
Track Member

Drives: 2011 Wannabe Nismo
OldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone make their own Frankenstein CAI?

With all the different Cold Air Intakes available, has anyone made a Frankenstein setup taken from positive points of various intakes? I have access to the aluminum tubing, couplers, air cleaners, etc.. Band saw for cuts, a friend can weld aluminum if need be, what I don't have is a dyno, but really is it necessary?

I like the AFE setup, Admin's 3" has been said to give good gains, but would a insert help fool the MAF like AAM's does until a tune is done?

Just looking for some opinions, you can only do so much with the routing of the tubes and couplers, positioning of the MAF sensor, etc.

TIA