View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 03:13 PM   #2549 (permalink)
Whjaxn17
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 17 370Z 6MT
Whjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
oh my god reading the responses to this is making my head hurt. Somehow you all have managed to go backward.

let's go back to your original premise:
OEM nismo rears on all four corners (19x10.5 +23) with 265/35/19

These will fit. They'll fit with a 20mm spacer in the back. You might need to roll a fender, the only issues i see are maybe in front. But rest assured, folks have run Nismo rears in front ON THE TRACK regularly with no problems, so it is obviously doable, and they do it with more tire than you, albeit also with adjustable suspension components

Now, I have questions about the limits you're putting on yourself:
1) Why square 265/35/19 all around? Thats LESS tire in the rear than STOCK, which seems stupid. There may be some track suspension setups where square tires are, in theory, optimal, but you arent doing anything like that, so it seems like a pointless, arbitrary starting point

2) you don't want adjustable suspension arms. Well, your post history mentions spending $13K on engine ****, so spending $700 on suspension seems like a stupid thing not to do, GIVEN your odd limitations - particularly since you seem to want more "poke" than stock

All in all, you seem to be clinging to a setup that isn't ideal and isn't what you really want anyways

Proposed solution:
Get a set of OEM nismos
they are 19x9.5 +40 and 19x10.5 +23
Get stock sized tires, 245/40/19 front and 285/35/19 rear

These are 100% guaranteed to fit, because, well, its stock.
These are 100% available, because, well, they appear in the FS section regularly

Put them on the car. See how you like them

Now go to the For sale section here and grab some spacers. 15 or 20mm pop up all the time.

Slap them on your car. See how you like them. lots of people do this. they will fit.

You are making this harder than it needs to be, ESPECIALLY when dealing with an OEM nismo wheel that damn near everyone has

It also sounds like you don't know much about wheel fitment and don't seem like you want to put much effort into this, so that is why I have given you an easy, accessible, affordable solution THAT DOESNT require a bunch additional parts/work

This thread really shouldn't be that difficult
As for the engine build/swap, those were also simply ideas I was asking questions about. I'm not sure which you're referring too, possibly both, but either way, both were ruled out for various reasons. I've been extremely transparent in both. In 1 I specifically stated it was a brainstorming idea that a buddy and I had. In the other, it was a legitimate idea, but if you read the whole thing, you'd see I was provided with reasons why it would not be worth it and accepted those facts and moved on.

The reason for that specific size was to be able rotate my tires to extend life, and based on what I've read thus far, 265 is as wide as you can go in the front without modification. It was an idea I had, but as I previously stated, I'm totally new to this, so I asked a question, which if I'm not mistaken, that's what this is for. I have read through quite a bit of this thread, but no, not all 170 pages. Maybe someone has kindly laid out exactly how to do this in a previous post and I missed it. Maybe not. The point here is I am reading on my own, but I'm also asking questions about this I don't understand. I'm happy to admit when I don't know things and ask for the help of those that do. I do not own the Nismo rims yet, and while I understand what you're saying that going from a 285 to a 265 is not the wisest decision, it's still an upgrade for me as mine is a base and currently has the factory 245 on the rear. Again, I'm totally new to all of this, so I'm trying to learn by asking questions that I have yet to run across answers to.

Last edited by Whjaxn17; 02-23-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Whjaxn17 is offline   Reply With Quote