Thread: Square setup?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 09:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
longlivethez
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370Z Roadster
longlivethez has a reputation beyond reputelonglivethez has a reputation beyond reputelonglivethez has a reputation beyond reputelonglivethez has a reputation beyond reputelonglivethez has a reputation beyond reputelonglivethez has a reputation beyond reputelonglivethez has a reputation beyond reputelonglivethez has a reputation beyond reputelonglivethez has a reputation beyond reputelonglivethez has a reputation beyond reputelonglivethez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Square setup?

It's time to start planning my new tire purchase. Stock tires are toast.

First up: Goals...

- I do not drive much...I've had the car almost 2 years and it only has ~12,500 miles on it.

- I live in Phoenix, so performance in the wet isn't a concern.

- I DO track my car, so I want a really high performing, sticky tire...that is, as long as I don't have to replace it every...like...3000 miles or something.

Here's what I'm thinking: I don't make enough power to justify 305s or anything crazy, so I'm thinking 285/35s on all 4 corners...stock Sport wheels with 20mm spacers on all 4 corners, as well.

I'd kind of prefer 275s, but I'm pretty sold on RE-11s and they are only available in 275/30...that'd lower the car another half an inch-ish...which I don't want. 285/35 will keep the height the same, and I know it'll work on the rear, but I'm concerned about that width on the front...especially with the spacers.

What are your thoughts?

Anyone recommend anything other than RE-11s?

Thanks!!
longlivethez is offline   Reply With Quote