View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 01:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
It's been a while since I've played with valve springs. And the technology is changing.
Short answer. They do. A triple valve spring. The middle spring is called a damper spring. It's flat wound spring that goes between the 2 other springs. It raises the rpm at which float happens. It's suppose to help with vibrations in the springs.
I’m aware of 2 and 3 spring valve springs to all have a different natural frequency etc but some type of real damper system would be interesting and maybe allow less tension for reduced drag and less valve stem stretch etc.

I imagine the z is a two spring setup? I would be really surprised if it’s single spring running 7500 rpm
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote