View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 05:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanfillt View Post
Took my 2009 nismo in for an inspection today on my brakes after hearing a squeal coming from my back brakes. I was assuming my brakes were worn out and needed to be replaced. Following the inspection, the shop said the rotors still looked brand new, front pads were at 6 millimeters and the rears at 4.5mm. They said the sound was because the rotors are polished and need to be resurfaced when I replace the pads. They said, "they can't recommend changnng the pads until they are at/or below 3mm and the sound wouldn't go away even if replaced the pads, so I might as well wait." My question being that if I don't have to replace anything at the moment and save the $850 they quoted me for the pads and resurfacing, will I be okay to wait? I don't want to risk damaging the rotors but the squeal is very obnoxious.
That price is outrageous. If just changing the pads it will take you longer to jack the car up than to actually swap pads. Rotors will add more time but still not difficult. When it comes time to replace them, do it yourself and save a bunch of money.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote