View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
AstatenateZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
AstatenateZ is on a distinguished road
Default Dash speaker question!?

Has anyone ever had issues with their stock BOSE speakers (dash mounted) to be exact not working? I have the touring with the upgraded head unit & BOSE speakers. But for the last month or so I’ve noticed most all sound comes from the left (driver side) or my car.

The right door speaker works, as I moved balance to the right side 100% and tested with my own ears. It appears the dash mounted (tweeter) or small speaker not sure exactly what it is, is the culprit. Seems to not be making any noise at all. The door speaker L & R side work. But they seem to create the bass not much noise. And the dash mounted one on driver side works just fine. Only issue seems to be the right dash speaker.

I’ve tried different AUX cords, different sources to eliminate all other issues and the problem persists. Leading me to believe either the speaker is blown (no noise at all) or the head unit maybe has a short or wire from head unit to speaker?

Has anyone else had issues with these speakers? It has plenty of bass and treble for me. So I’m not looking to upgrade the factory unit or speakers. They’re acceptable for me. Do I need to replace just that one speaker? Or pull head unit and check it as well? Any info is much appreciated! TIA!
AstatenateZ is offline   Reply With Quote