Thread: boost gauge
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 09:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
bcfromfl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2015 PW Nismo 6MT
bcfromfl will become famous soon enoughbcfromfl will become famous soon enough

Sorry to wake this thread up from the dead! I've completely exhausted the search feature, and threads either have photos that are no longer viewable, no clear installation tips, or they are abandoned without finished info. I've also tried YouTube to try to find a video on installing gauges in a Z, but no luck.

I have posted another question about exhaust/cats over on that subforum, but one of the things that has to be worked out is how many bungs to have available on the test pipe (if I go that route) for the AFR...if that is even necessary. Some gauges use one, some two. I'll have to have a sensor to plug up the hole when I install the pipe -- even if I don't have it hooked up immediately.

But is an AFR really necessary? Can I get a good tune using the factory wideband for the A2A system? Also, since I'll be going Ecutek, would the gauge hijack feature replace the need for a dedicated gauge?

After considering the mount options, I'd like to get one of Galeforce's creations...if he's still doing them. I'm hoping to get away with a single pod, if I can find a gauge with dual function with the features I need. What do you all suggest? Sure, it'd be nice to have a whole bank of gauges, but what is really necessary? I took a look at the AEM Failsafe Wideband, but I don't plan to do datalogging, etc. Is it still a good choice?

Lastly, is there a DIY somewhere I've missed, that will show where to route wiring, where to go through the firewall, where to clip in, etc., etc.? I was watching one video that showed an installation in another car, and was reminded that one of the wires needs to be connected to a headlight dimmer. I'm no good at this stuff -- I need lots of pics and instructions!
bcfromfl is offline   Reply With Quote