View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 03:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
jchammond
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13’ 370Z TS 7A/T
jchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond repute

Being 6’6” tall, the MT was out,,,shifted too many gears in past with a clutch.
My Z had 93,000 mi. on it when it got crashed out & thoroughly enjoyed the 7A/T.
I added a Quaife Helical locker to the base 3.357 open diff & made it get both Wheels pulling when it was time to roll.
I’ve never driven the other Transmission’s you listed; but I learned quickly the speeds that this one would up shift/downshift....and would pull it over in manual mode to drive/cruise at desired rpm’s.
As all newer transmissions try to reach the tallest gear possible for maximum fuel mileage.
Look at the gear ratios in chart & you’ll see why it’s very quick down low & through the gear-box,,,just wish 6th gear was in the 1:15 range vs. the first of 2 OD’s.
Stock sized tires & low fuel,Little weight in back ran 13.1@105 in qtr.(CAI & FI exhaust was mods-no Headers)I performed a gear swap to the 3.69 ratio & woke it up down low...with tire’s that we’re really oversized for the strip/ ran 12.9@106 (1/2 fuel+tools & other junk in car...I know I could get closer to mid 12’s...but I got totaled by an uninsured motorists on 1/21/18.
I would definitely purchase another one & enjoyed the option to either bump-shift or paddle shift while in manual mode.
My 2cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...s-musings.html
jchammond is offline   Reply With Quote