View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 02:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
V8Nissan
Base Member

Drives: 14 370z Touring 7AT
V8Nissan is on a distinguished road

I debated auto vs manual for quite some time and chose the 7at. I'm very glad I did. I drive 100 miles a day to work. I drove both cars but was hesitant to buy a manual due to all the ongoing CSC release bearing issues. I don't drive my 7at in auto mode ever though. I use the paddle shifters exclusively and drive my car just like a real manual 100 percent of the time. It's weird to get used to driving this way at first but I love it and it's nicer for commuting in traffic than a true manual. It shifts RIGHT NOW when you hit the paddle, no delay. The tranny downshifts automatically as you slow down so you arent clicking through 7 gears. The manual mode of the 7at gives you full authority to hold the gear to the Rev limiter and it doesn't shift up unless you tell it to from my experience. It also locks the driveline and drags like a manual when you let off the gas about 95 percent of the time. I have to say I'm not a huge fan of this transmission in full auto mode though. Paddle shifting is the 7at's transmissions strong area.

Also the automatic has Rev matching when using the paddle shifters

Last edited by V8Nissan; 02-22-2018 at 02:23 AM.
V8Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote