View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 01:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
bcfromfl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2015 PW Nismo 6MT
bcfromfl will become famous soon enoughbcfromfl will become famous soon enough

Thanks very much for your thoughts, Jayhovah. So there IS an engine oil cooler somewhere? Where the heck is it?!

Just for the sake of linking, I found this DIY: z1 oil cooler installation w/ pics On page 3, Z1 provides a pdf to their updated instructions.

In my case, not only would I have to budget for a 34-row, but also a rolling jack stand, and two stationary stands, as I imagine you can't do the install with the tires on the floor. (Required removal of the undershroud?) Alternatively, I suppose I could get ramps from Harbor Freight, but they probably wouldn't clear the underside of the bumper before reaching the tires.

I like the "wait and see" acid test, but I don't relish the idea of having to dig back into the front of the car a second time if it does run too hot to put the cooler on.

I will never dump the clutch, because I know how hard that is on various drivetrain components, and I hate breaking things. Most likely, the s/c will only ever see full boost for short rolling acceleration runs lasting no longer than a minute, and quick blips on the throttle of a few seconds each. I've had the car up to 110 already, and it reaches that speed so quickly I can't imagine holding the pedal to the floor that long very often with the s/c -- I'd be hitting 160!

(BTW, I just got my Uniden R3 in the mail...)
bcfromfl is offline   Reply With Quote