View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 10:57 PM   #79 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

I have similar experience.

Z is always in the garage and rarely driven, and the dash became a bit sticky last year. However, the garage does get up to 100+ during Summer in Socal here.

however, the g37s is DD (outside) and the dash is just fine without any stickiness or discoloring.

after a good cleaning with water, the stickiness is gone on the Z's dash, but it turned a bit grayish after awhile. I've treated it with meguiar's natural shine vinyl protectant and it's back to the normal color for now. Guess I have wait a bit to see if the stickiness/shininess comes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
Personal example: Since late 2015 till this day, my Z has sat in the garage for majority of the time, driven for maybe 3k miles total at the most. Car gets driven for fun mostly when sun is down. The sticky dash developed during this time. It's an 09 that just turned 36k miles.

My G also has this sticky dash issue. It's a 2010 with 50k miles. Garage kept at home and work.
nis350 is offline   Reply With Quote