View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 12:43 AM   #78 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
did some reading regarding the sticky dashboards. the cause is the dash material not reacting well to the heat/UV, and it has nothing to do with the cleaning/condition/chemical some suspected.

it is a common issues with other makes as well.... toyota has finally started a recall some years back.
Actually, not just heat/UV. Same things have happened to Ferraris that sit in the garage a whole lot.

Personal example: Since late 2015 till this day, my Z has sat in the garage for majority of the time, driven for maybe 3k miles total at the most. Car gets driven for fun mostly when sun is down. The sticky dash developed during this time. It's an 09 that just turned 36k miles.

My G also has this sticky dash issue. It's a 2010 with 50k miles. Garage kept at home and work.

On the bright side, I applied some 303 UV Protectant Spray about 2 months ago, and the dash on both cars have remained sticky-free. Knock on wood.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1