View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 07:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
Buzzkill247
Base Member

Drives: 16 370z KAD GunM 7AT
Buzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashburn94 View Post
The car will not recognize the fob at all, inside, or outside of the car, windows up or down.
Alright - nix the tint portion of that then. Was a shot in the dark and hope gone in smoke lol

Gotta be that receiver sensor in the middle console then. Something is damaged or unhooked.

Try this - since we know it works when in the slot to start the car (which means the car is picking up the RF chip) see what happens if you get in, close the doors, keep feet and hands off everything, let the car time out (usually 30-60sec) and then place the fob next to but not in the slot and hit the buttons. Might be able to at least prove through process of elimination that the receiver in the mid console is the issue

EDIT: who has a link to the FSM??? Think I just answered my own question (or made it more convoluted...)! The car starts based on an RF chip signal. The RF does not require programming, it simply reacts to a radio signal, by altering and resonating out. The BUTTONS on the FOB carry a signal code in their transmission that is accepted or denied by the receiver in the console. I very well may have just proved myself wrong. If during removal and monkeying around with harness you were not unhooked at the battery neg, you may have caused a slight "burp" of the electrical system that caused the receiver to forget you... or intentionally flipped you off for not being mindful of sensitive electronic equipment lol

Last edited by Buzzkill247; 02-13-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Buzzkill247 is offline   Reply With Quote