View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 01:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
takjak2
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Legit Racecar 370Z
takjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're not HPDE 3 or better, don't read this. My comment is for Hotrodz and not meant for HPDE 1 or 2 beginners.

( Click to show/hide )
I always want to see the Zs be faster, so I will tell you what most HPDE coaches won't. Especially with your level of power, you need to actively "set" the car much quicker so you can get back on the gas hard(er). You have very smooth hands, which is good for HPDE, but on the exit of many corners you should snap back to straight as soon as possible. In HPDE it feels good to maintain those lateral G forces while you unwind, but to beat the clock you'll need to be more aggressive.