View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 04:22 PM   #53 (permalink)
Tejas Z
Base Member

Drives: ‘17 370Z S/T GM M6
Tejas Z is on a distinguished road

I will say it is disappointing that Nissan won’t do anything more than place a phone call or email the dealer and ask them to contact me to resolve the issue. No investigation into the consumer’s claim, even when it’s something this significant. My case was actually closed within two days of opening it, once the representative from Nissan Consumer Affairs made contact with the dealer and asked them to contact me. I called back to follow up with NCA to see what they had done or were planning to do next, and was told “ case closed”, at which point I asked how it could possibly be closed when nothing has changed since two days prior when I called to open the case? They reopened the “case” at that point.

I told NCA that if a dealer is flying the Nissan flag, I would think there would be some desire to be sure they are engaging in business in an ethical and legal manner. I realize that dealerships are privately owned, but they should be answering to Nissan Corporate in cases like these since they are representing the brand, if it’s for no other reason than to be self serving by making sure the customer feels like they are doing all they can and prevent them from walk away from Nissan altogether. I’ve owned more than 20 other cars over the last 25 year period across various brands, (owned a Maxima in ‘95) and given the lack of effective support from Mother Nissan, this was likely my last Nissan purchase. It’s a shame really, as I like where the brand is going with style and design. Even considered a new Maxima for my next company car, but don’t see that happening now.
Tejas Z is offline   Reply With Quote