View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 02:51 PM   #47 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmyride View Post
1. where can i buy this ester(spelling) oil?
2. is the oil filter easy for the hand to reach in and unscrew if the car doesnt need to be jacked up?
Here's a thread dedicated to this topic Nissan Ester Oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
You don't need ester oil.

Unless you plan on draining your oil on the ground with nothing to catch it, you'll need to lift the car some. You can however, get your arm under there with a big fat marker or a file and mark the filter in some way.

My comment was for marking the filter to ensure that it was changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple's View Post
Sorry! But you are Wrong!

Telling people that "You don't need ester oil" when that's what's in the car from the start. is going off base, you could of mentioned that you can use other similar oils like xyz. I have used ester oil and continue to use like many in here!
Ok, lets keep this thread on topic. Feel free to discuss ester topic in the thread specified above.

NO WHERE in the owners manual Nissan REQUIRED 370Z to get ester oil. Therefore, ANY API certified oil is good enough for the z. Use of the Ester oil is ONLY recommendation .

Last year, when I was getting my first oil change at the dealer (had 2000 miles on the car), I asked my dealer service adviser, "What if I were to bring this car in for an oil change, what oil would you guys use?". His answer was, "We will change the oil with regular API certified 5w30. If you DO want to pay the extra money, we can use the ester oil but it's not required."

On the other hand, I can't believe I just replied to an oil topic
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote