View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 07:33 PM   #2487 (permalink)
jchammond
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13’ 370Z TS 7A/T
jchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPrelude-370z View Post
Hey guys,

I'm looking to grab bigger rear tires on the 2015 stock 18's oem tires.
Here is the plan:

Move stock rears to the front and buy x2 g-Force COMP-2 A/S 275/40/18's for the rear (need all season to finish up the last couple months left of winter here). The only other options for that tire is 255/45/18. They seem to get great reviews even in light snow.

My questions:

Will I get better grip with the wider rear tires? Especially on cold streets.
Will the driving/handling be drastically affected?
Will this look good on stock suspension (fitment/fender gap/bubble)?
When I get swift spec R springs, will these tires still fit all the way around?
Can I still add spacers with that set up (including springs) without rubbing?

Also, if you have better options as well as spacer specs, feel free to chime in.

Thanks guys.

P.S. I think I posted this in the wrong place before, so my apologies for the double post.
245/45,275/40/18 is uniform & looks good on the 8,9” Wheels.
Ride quality should be better (pending tires)
Traction will be similar-I ran the 225/50,255/45 combo for the function (cold & ugly winter weather)...but dang them tires are skinny.
Ride quality increased for me with fatter meats-but there’s a trade off on fuel consumption and cost....but you’re not getting close to that ballgame w/245/275’s.
Try to keep same tread compound for best traction & handling.

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...s-musings.html
jchammond is offline   Reply With Quote