View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 02:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

I've read through all of the threads that any thorough search on this subject would have revealed, and I'm not sure this particular jack point is spoken about in any detail. I would argue the information in this thread has actual merit though it probably could have just been merged with another thread on the discussion of jack points.

OP, I occasionally use that location for my jack stands because that allows me to use my floor jack to lift the car at the pinch weld and then place the jack stand all at once. I'm sure it's fine to use them on a lift. However, I usually just drive one front wheel up onto a flat piece of 2x12, which gives enough clearance for my jack to reach the front garage jack point which allows me to lift the whole front end and place both front stand stands with one lift.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote