View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 10:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@DewlaDez View Post
*****************************************/ID/881/PageID/1000/Stillens-Gen-3-Nissan-370Z-Air-Intake-Tested.aspx

There is the link.

I understand your concern, but we have been making parts for Z's for the last decade that you don't even know about. They just don't have our name on them.

Also, I typically go by the general rule I was taught at a very young age.

" The faster you get the air in and out = The more power you make. "

I also have a very lengthy background in fabrication/engineering personally.

Not exactly the warm welcome I was hoping for from my Z community.

I understand skepticism, but this is bit far.

There are several of these parts going out to the following dealers for 3rd party dyno results.

Specialty Z
Z1 Motorsports
Concept Z Performance
Houston Z
and MotoIQ

All these companies offered right away to fit and test this part. Some agreeing that there is a known issue.
It's entirely possible that you're right. I'll happily admit it if that's the case. I'm just confused since no one dynos their car with the bumper off and many people here have dyno charts showing gains in line with what the intake manufacturers expect. Then you make a post with some claims to the contrary, and do not provide any backup except an article from 2009 - and we had to drag that out of you. You should have led with your supporting information and some real world proof. You did neither. I'll profusely apologize once we see that you're selling a good product, not just more of the snake oil bs that cars get right around the time that they've reached the end of the line.

I'm sorry you feel personally attacked by me asking for more proof than you initially provided. Tell you what - no bs - post up some 3rd party same day before and after dyno sheets showing these gains, and I'll buy you a six pack in apology (I'd say I'd buy one, but my intakes aren't even in the same zip code as stock). I hope you are bringing a good product to market, there's just a lot of vendors these days who like to throw around bold claims with limited proof and many of us here are skeptical.