View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 10:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
Joe@DewlaDez
Base Member

Drives: 90 300zx TT
Joe@DewlaDez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Has anyone ever been dynoed with the bumper off? I've seen countless dynos showing manufacturer claimed whp increases with the bumper on. I've been to plenty of dyno days and not once has the bumper come off - and people were still making more power than stock.

Is it just me, or does this smell like inventing a problem in order to sell a solution? This company only makes shift knobs for the Z34, and suddenly they're an authority on how to make power? Hell, they didn't even include a link to this article they claim justifies the need for this product.
*****************************************/ID/881/PageID/1000/Stillens-Gen-3-Nissan-370Z-Air-Intake-Tested.aspx

There is the link.

I understand your concern, but we have been making parts for Z's for the last decade that you don't even know about. They just don't have our name on them.

Also, I typically go by the general rule I was taught at a very young age.

" The faster you get the air in and out = The more power you make. "

I also have a very lengthy background in fabrication/engineering personally.

Not exactly the warm welcome I was hoping for from my Z community.

I understand skepticism, but this is bit far.

There are several of these parts going out to the following dealers for 3rd party dyno results.

Specialty Z
Z1 Motorsports
Concept Z Performance
Houston Z
and MotoIQ

All these companies offered right away to fit and test this part. Some agreeing that there is a known issue.
Joe@DewlaDez is offline   Reply With Quote