View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 08:43 AM   #228 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YzGyz View Post
I called a few local radiator shop. Some only buy sell, others repair or make special to order needs. When I mentioned that it was a aluminum rad and leaking where the end tank and fins connect, the owners all said, "sorry, can't fix that. I can get you a new one though." He explained to me that the end tank connection and the fines metal are to different in thickness. The fines will melt to a blob before you get penetration on the weld on the tank side. The shops that do repair them use epoxy and that is just a band aid. It will fail and you don't know the time frame. Two of the many shops I called said the exact same thing. So yes, it sucks that the CSF failed. Cost me good time and $ but it was nice when it worked. Just not worth the $700+ in material and labor IMO.

YzGyz
Durafix?