View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Optimiser
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Nissan 370Z MT
Optimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson2608 View Post
I’ve searched everywhere to find this answer and it does not seem there is a thread regarding it. I’ve lifted my Z for years at home using jack and jack stands on the pinch weld. However when i use my buddies lift it is extremely hard to get all the lift arms to retract far enough to fit on the pinch weld. Sometimes it takes up to 30 minutes just to get the car on the lift because I’m not at the right angle or the blocks are not positioned right( I’m lowered). So these last couple of times i have been lifting from a different point in the front and am still using the pinch weld in the rear. The spot I’m referring to is pictured and is near both catalyctic converters on the outside. (99.9% sure it’s the frame) before lifting all the way up i do a shake test on the car and which it has passed every time. I’m wanting to know does anyone have experience from lifting here? I cannot find a answer from Nissan but I have seen shops using this point to lift other Z’s. Nissans schematic shows to only lift from pinch welds.
I often find Google search finds it more easily in these forums than the forums own search system.
Optimiser is offline   Reply With Quote