View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wilson2608
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z Sport
Wilson2608 is on a distinguished road
Default Using a Car lift on the 370z ( lift points)

I’ve searched everywhere to find this answer and it does not seem there is a thread regarding it. I’ve lifted my Z for years at home using jack and jack stands on the pinch weld. However when i use my buddies lift it is extremely hard to get all the lift arms to retract far enough to fit on the pinch weld. Sometimes it takes up to 30 minutes just to get the car on the lift because I’m not at the right angle or the blocks are not positioned right( I’m lowered). So these last couple of times i have been lifting from a different point in the front and am still using the pinch weld in the rear. The spot I’m referring to is pictured and is near both catalyctic converters on the outside. (99.9% sure it’s the frame) before lifting all the way up i do a shake test on the car and which it has passed every time. I’m wanting to know does anyone have experience from lifting here? I cannot find a answer from Nissan but I have seen shops using this point to lift other Z’s. Nissans schematic shows to only lift from pinch welds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 924CC072-CB5E-47A5-9552-03FE7FDACFF9.jpg (72.0 KB, 129 views)