View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 11:43 AM   #501 (permalink)
NeverBoneStck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2008 G37 S
NeverBoneStck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidus View Post
Good luck MoulaZ! That filter is gonna be a bitch. The thing about it that lets it fit even in our space is the 20 degree angle. It runs into things if it's not angled in the up position. I'm stoked to see what solution you come up with. It's been bothering me so much lately that I've considered the what if's of the HKS mushroom and even filter screens. I think the HKS would sit too close to the turbo and be subject to heat and the filter screen....well it's a screen. I tried a K&N compact 4" but the lower angle still stuck too far and was obstructed. The only other option I can see is fabbing some type of flat box element that would house a good flat filter shaped like a dryer vent.( that's because I don't see 4" aluminum piping fitting to the fenderwell or snaking to the front of the car.) Those were just some of my brainstorms. Keep us posted when you start the build thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I agree. Need to find a better solution for the filter. I’m thinking about trying the hks mushroom of death as well. Just need something with better clearance