View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 11:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Zeetah
Enthusiast Member

Drives: z12
Zeetah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
As stated above, don't bypass the bose amp and run their speakers off the new head unit. First off the tweeter and woofers in the bose system have their own signal coming from the amp. There is no in line crossover to block bass from the head unit so you will in fact blow at least the tweeters out. Also the bose speakers are 8 ohms instead of 4 ohms, this means you wouldn't get 22 watts RMS from the head unit you'd get less.

You will not get more volume from just swapping out the head unit. My recommendation is upgrade the head unit wiring it into the bose amp with the proper harness. Then install new speakers and wire them directly to the head unit in a later date if money is tight.
now im completely lost. i thought buying the kmm-bt322u from crutchfield with there gear package and install guide is all i needed, they never mentioned anything about blowing tweeters and anything else you said about bypassing things that i dont understand, sorry, new to this. i will not be upgrading speakers, i just wanted this head unit because it was cheap and had a few things i wanted to use, like a better located usb location, bluetooth audio streaming and i like how it looked. i thought from what crutch said, it would be a straight and easy install.
Zeetah is offline   Reply With Quote