View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 08:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

As stated above, don't bypass the bose amp and run their speakers off the new head unit. First off the tweeter and woofers in the bose system have their own signal coming from the amp. There is no in line crossover to block bass from the head unit so you will in fact blow at least the tweeters out. Also the bose speakers are 8 ohms instead of 4 ohms, this means you wouldn't get 22 watts RMS from the head unit you'd get less.

You will not get more volume from just swapping out the head unit. My recommendation is upgrade the head unit wiring it into the bose amp with the proper harness. Then install new speakers and wire them directly to the head unit in a later date if money is tight.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote