View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mashburn94
Base Member

Drives: 2013 White 370z 6 SP
Mashburn94 is on a distinguished road

To answer your question, if you directly wire the radio in, and do not bypass the factory amp, then yes it will give more power to your system. However I would not recommend doing this as a long term solution. This method will simply make your speakers start to distort (breakup, sound muddy etc) much earlier than the stock radio. For me I think the Bose system starts to break up (at my EQ settings) around 18-20 on the volume. Replacing the radio without bypassing the amp will make it louder at lower volume. Which I think would lead to blowing the speakers since they are still lightweight paper cones: if you just want a new radio for added features such as USB/Bluetooth, go for it. If you are wanting to improve the overall sound quality of the system, that is not the way to do it:

Yes changing out the speakers does help the sound quality if you put in quality drivers. But sound quality in itself is subjective to the listener. Sound quality comes mostly from EQ settings, making sure the frequency response doesn’t peak or dip to much etc. the radios listed above are two of the best radios you can buy. They allow for if memory serves me correct 16 bands of EQ per speaker on the 80prs, and 32 bands on the 99. They also allow you to time align each speaker to your listening position, which makes a HUGE difference. (Again, subjective.).

Edit: You can get the 80prs on amazon for around 250. If you don’t have anyone you know to help explain/teach you how to tune the system with a RTA, time align etc, it will not do you much good. You can research yourself and learn allot on the internet, but it can get confusing QUICK.

Last edited by Mashburn94; 02-04-2018 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Added information
Mashburn94 is offline   Reply With Quote