View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 11:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Tejas Z
Base Member

Drives: ‘17 370Z S/T GM M6
Tejas Z is on a distinguished road

Drove 5 hours round trip to dealer today to unwind the deal. They continued to push lifetime paint warranty and lifetime mechanical warranty. Told them I wasn’t interested. Offered to repaint whole car. Again, not interested. Chicken *hit dealership owner wouldn’t see me, so salesman was the go-between. After about an hour of arguing, ended up that the ultimatum was either work with them on a payout (likely in the $6k range) or get lawyers involved. Salesman first claimed that disclosure threshold was 15% in Lousiana, then later parroted the owner claiming it is 20-25%. I called BS, showed him the statute on the state’s website stating a 6% threshold, and asked him to think about this carefully and perhaps talk with the owner before continuing on the path of resisting the unwind of the deal, as it was about to get very costly for them. He said the owner wasn’t going to budge. I decided it’s time to quit playing nice and lawyer up. Walked out and drove the Z home. Lawyer suggested talking to LA Attorney General’s office first, as there is an entire division dedicated to nothing but auto fraud. This kind of fraud must be prevalent in that state to have a dedicated division for just that? Lawyer stated that 9 out of 10 times the dealer will cave once the AG Office is involved. We’ll see. If they don’t, lawyer stated that the case is solid and we’ll nail their collective a**es. I’m amazed at the stupidity of the salesman and dealership owner. I guess they operate like this and most people are happy to get paint “corrected” and a “lifetime mechanical warranty” once they start talking about lawyers. Not.this.time.
Tejas Z is offline   Reply With Quote