View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 12:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
shadow85
Track Member

Drives: 15' 370Z A/T AMM TT
shadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideglideleon View Post
I am boosted and have an auto turned with EcuTek by SEB. He adjusted my line pressure and is a noticeable difference.
How did he adjust line pressure? Ecutek does not allow direct line pressure adjustment like UpRev does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
A boosted Z needs a dyno tune. If you don't have any tuners near you that use Ecutek, you're stuck with Uprev. Ecutek is better, but only if there's a good tuner near you that uses it. If not, use what they recommend.

Also, please do not operate under the assumption that line pressure will be enough to keep the torque from grenenading the transmission. It'll just keep it from happening as quickly. Don't boost in gears 5-6-7.
All the boosted Z tuners I have spoken to in Australia swear by UpRev. I always mention to them that Ecutek is always regarded as the superior option, but they all still seem set on UpRev. So what am I to do, force them to go Ecutek?

And ofcourse I am not assuming line pressure adjustment is going to save my trans. But it is the least I could do for now I guess until I have the money for a LVL10 trans. But currently I will also have a heavy duty trans cooler, upgraded TQ converter, and the FI Billet flex going on.
shadow85 is offline   Reply With Quote