View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 07:20 AM   #38 (permalink)
Buzzkill247
Base Member

Drives: 16 370z KAD GunM 7AT
Buzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond repute

EDIT: ffs... just saw the date on this thread... holy necro - sorry feel free to delete admin

I have heard the aam shorttails on aam HFC and Berk HFC and Berk test. Nice throaty sound, def a rasp on test, bit of rasp on Berk HFC, and a bit less on the AAM HFC.

I'm 42, daily driver, and want a lovely tune on WOT but sleeper type on normal. I chose Fast Intention setup. Went with resonated HFC to eliminate the rasp, and then opted for the 18" resonated TDX cat back (over 12") for a good solid deep soundtrack, and added the carbon fiber for the looks against a Gun Met paint job

I have heard the 18" TDX with test pipe and absolutely loved the tune, but rasp and drone annoyed me. I would really put the FI cat back against any tune out there, save ARK GRiP with I think has a slightly better low sound, but also doesn't really honor the stock VQ note.

These are all personal preference statements and to be accepted accordingly

Last edited by Buzzkill247; 02-01-2018 at 07:21 AM. Reason: saw I necro'd
Buzzkill247 is offline   Reply With Quote