View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 08:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
cooltoy
Elite Member

Drives: 14 PW 370Z S/T MT
cooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPrelude-370z View Post
I'm not going to make a big thing about this, but when you say, "the wing is the only saving grace on the car," you are purposefully being insulting. Look up the phrase my friend. It basically construes the car is unattractive minus the spoiler. Here you go, I did the legwork for you. Verbatim from the dictionary: "Saving Grace"

"A redeeming quality, especially one that compensates for one's shortcomings."

"A quality that makes up for other generally negative characteristics; redeeming feature."

Example: Think if someone mentioned your significant other and said, "man, her butt is huge." Then I came in to defend her and said, "yeah, but her butt is her only saving grace." That would surely connotate she has no other redeemable aesthetic qualities minus her huge butt. Would you thank me for compliments towards her?
I may have used the wrong phrase. English is not my first language, thanks for the lesson. If you want my apology, you have it.

Member of kenchan's "photoshopped mods" and "proper offsets" gang.
cooltoy is offline   Reply With Quote