View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 04:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicerX View Post
Oh Nissan. Where do I begin to describe the fvckery that is your business?

Nissan is one good idea fairy away from being the first crossover that can brew a k-cup pumpkin spice latte in the center console... but can't figure out what to do with a sports car. Maybe for every 10 former Bed Bath and Beyond executives they hire into product planning they could grab one person who doesn't suffer an adrenaline dump or an anxiety attack at the thought of going 5 over the speed limit in the left lane on the interstate? Maybe we just start there and see what happens.

The new Titan is good - I bought one in November. The Frontier (though close to being eligible for Antique plates in my state) is also still good. The Z (though right behind the Frontier in terms of impending fossilization) is still good. The GT-R (pending AARP card application) is good. The rest of the Nissan lineup isn't composed of cars - it's composed of appliances. They serve no greater purpose to the mechanics of your day than your coffee maker and your electric toothbrush. I've bought my last new one for the indefinite future, and I've been one of their biggest fans for a couple decades now. I've had a RAV4 for a rental car for the last month, and its transmission was better programmed than anything Nissan has made with an automatic or CVT for the last 15 years. I'm afraid to drive a Prius for what I might have to positively reflect upon when comparing to anything I've driven from Nissan in the last year. When you're to that point, it's time to take your wallet and explore the world a bit.
NISSAN - where "complacency" is our basic resting pulse.

Catchy, don't you think? ;-)

Last edited by ZCanadian; 01-31-2018 at 04:52 PM.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote