Thread: Tune???
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 11:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2iceman View Post
The upside of getting uprev standard is the ability to sell it down the road if/when I return the car back to stock. This outweighs any advantage ecutek may have over uprev, considering my mods and plans for the car.
You can sell the EcuTek cable, just not the license. However, I feel like EcuTek is superior because the tuning software is so much more advanced than Uprev. EcuTek uses actual data values in their tables instead of a random zero placeholder with + or - adjustments like Uprev does. To me, that far outweighs the possibility of losing out on a couple hundred bucks down the road. But of course, I don't ever plan to sell the car either. YMMV.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote