View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
ddvette9
Track Member

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
ddvette9 is on a distinguished road

didn't realize that my setup was for a non bose. I am not really sure how the wiring would work as far as adding a powered sub, getting new door speakers/ kepping the tweeters. Listen to these other guys as far as that is concerned. I was just putting in my .02 as far as helping someone out who wanted something simple and cheap for the time being.

One more thing about a powered sub, whether it is the boss, the infiniti basslink, the kenwood you chose, etc. 1. They are easy to remove 2. they take up a small amount of space 3. they are rugged so you can ususally cover them with groceries, suitcases, etc and they wont be harmed. 4. if you ssytem gets stolen, the thief can easily just take your sub and he doesnt have to rip anything out of your car, he can just grab and go. 5. most of those are only 200 bucks, so at worst your out 200.

Will i be switching to a zenclosure box and a nicer sub later, absolutely. But for right now, if you are like me, I promise you will not be dissapointed with a powered sub. For 150-200$, i get good bass from hip hop, rap, and techno and have a durable unit that is easy to move or take out. Also, these powered units wont draw a lot off yor battery.
ddvette9 is offline   Reply With Quote