View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 02:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
DarkJak
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z
DarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
The fuel pump plastic top breaks. The fix is to replace it with a billet top by CJ Motorsports. (phunk is his user name on here). You have 2 fuel sensors, one of the drivers side and one on the passenger side. Either one could be bad causing the issue with the fuel gauge.
Anyone know what that sounds like when it happens?
I took my Z around town last weekend and the fuel gauge was showing 0 dots the whole time. On the way back home, I heard a whirring spinning sound from the gas tank for a few seconds, before a loud metallic thunk. After which the sound stopped.
The car made it back home without any irregularities.

Figure a broken plastic top and bad fuel sensors?
09 7AT|MCS 2WNR|Topgunz Rotrex|Ecutek (Eugene)|Maxxis RC1|Titan-7 TS-5|OSG LSD|Rear Mount Derale Oil Cooler (WIP)+25 Trans Cooler|Fismo|G-LOC R12/R10|Zeta III L|NLR Wing and Splitter|CJM Pan and Fuel Hat|Radium Surge Tank|AP Racing CP9668
DarkJak is offline   Reply With Quote