View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 01:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
Corsairprime
Base Member

Drives: 14 370Z Nismo GM 6MT
Corsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished the install on this AAM S-Line intake. Relatively smooth install going by the plans. Allow 3-4 hours from start to finish. More if you need to make mdifications. I did not remove the tires or fender liners on my Nismo. Modifying the existing intake holes in the front cross member was made easier using a dremel, a carbide cutting bit and sanding drum. For me, the PCV connections on the intake tubes needed to be trimmed 1/2 inch to allow better clearance for the valve cover breather connections. Passenger side more so because of the fuel line being right there.

When re-assembling the front bumper upper mount, the hood latch plate screws on either side can be swapped with the shorter hood latch mounting screws. They are shorter by half or so. There is no interference with the piping on either side and you still can use the factory Nissan screws.

AAM could look into using the factory hood latch mounting screws to swap with the front left and right hood latch cable support plate. There is no need to include the extra shorter screws for this. At least on my Nismo there was not a need. Also be sure to insulate or protect the AC lines on the driver side as the pass under the intake pipe there. I used heater hose tubing secured with electric tape. Abrasion or vibration is possible on those lines.

Just wanted to relate my install experience. So far it has been a happy one.
2014 Nismo #462, GunMetal Grey, GT-R Start Button, AAM S-Line/R-Line intake and S-Line exhaust, Berk HFCs, Osiris Tuned at JoTech
Corsairprime is offline   Reply With Quote