View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 11:49 AM   #62 (permalink)
slongholio
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z AT Red
slongholio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcquinn49 View Post
When mine stuck it was -2 outside.
I hope no one has to die before they make this a recall. I routinely take my Z out to places far away from civilization and cell phone signal to have some fun. And sometimes stop to take in the starry night. Could easily have ended up dead in one of these situations if the car didn't start back up.

Went to the gas station last night. Not busy, so I parked next to the door. Normally I park as far away from the door as possible, you know, because ******** like to swing their door open into other people's cars. So now I'm stranded, next to what is a very busy place on Sunday mornings. Made it 7 years with no dings. Oh well, let me go beat tf out of that box and see if I can get it started. Lovely day, pouring down rain and all, for an impromptu work on the car. Hopefully can get it started at least and drive it home into the garage and remove the fuse.

Update: well, I beat tf out of it with as much force as i could muster in the tight space. Still wouldn't switch to ACC mode. Going tomorrow when it stops raining to trying shorting out the pink wire.

Update 2: Got it working today. Stuck a pin into the wiring harness alongside the pink wire, and groumded it to the chassis with a screwdriver. At first it didn't work, but I pushed the pin a little harder and it slid in about another 1/4 inch, then it work perfectly. Touch screwdriver to pin and chassis, and boom, click - unlocked to ACC mode. Then I proceeded remove the fuse.

Thanks for having this forum. Maybe I'll have my cousin write me up an invoice from his shop so I can get Nissan to reimburse me for my parts and labor. I feel like screwing them out of the money they would have screwed me out of for their failing. I bet they didn't even reduce the MSRP when they removed the "$400" part from the build.

Last edited by slongholio; 01-29-2018 at 05:37 PM. Reason: new info.
slongholio is offline   Reply With Quote