View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tractionless
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 K23 ST 7AT
Tractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asht View Post
Lightning cable. I had the same questions with a CarPlay stereo. In the end used a lightning cable. Make sure it is a genuine Apple one. They are fussy with non genuine.

Use the one that came with the phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1. Ok so all this in the pic? AppRadioWorld - Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Car Technology News: AppRadio 3 Purchase Doesn't Include Any Android Or iOS Connection Cables
EXCEPT connect the Lighting AV "box" female lightning to the HU USB pigtail? Thus ditching the famed CDIH202 that everyone says is unnecessary.

OR

2. Do you mean a Lightning to USB Cable (Apple supplied "power cord") connected right to the USB pigtail (cable) on the back of the HU? The only info. I found on hooking it up in that manner is that it will only charge the phone and not control the HU. Are you saying that's inaccurate?

Last edited by Tractionless; 01-25-2018 at 06:36 PM.
Tractionless is offline   Reply With Quote