View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 07:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
elhombre
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
elhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond repute

This is more for people to do before they take things apart...

Find cylinder #1 take out the spark plug, stick a long allen key into it. Rotate the crank shaft until the allen key has reach a peak point on the compression stroke (ie all valves closed in cylinder 1). Stop there, then go to your camshafts, locate the markers for TDC make a note of where they are in relationship to the factory specification for alignment (on the heads) and also look at the crank pulley, there is probably a mark for the TDC.

When I do a motor I like to take a white paint marker and mark all of my moving timed parts to a fixed location so that when I put it back together I don't have to worry about making a mistake.
elhombre is offline   Reply With Quote