View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Optimiser;3724517]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosam1g View Post
Not sure if this is the correct response , but on the N/a 370z a lot of people run a oil catch can on both pcv ports from blow by . It sounds like it would be the same for a supercharger(correct me if im wrong)..

Thanks for replying but it's nothing to do with the engine oil and I have a catch can for that. It's the self contained supercharger oil that's coming out of the small breather on the supercharger itself.
I don't know. I would assume that it has a warranty for it and that if it is leaking you may be able to ask them about what (if at all) they can do anything about it.

The only other thing I can think of is that overspinning the supercharger with sole pulley upgrades and nothing else to support the overspinning... might not be the best of ideas.

I was suggested by many experienced people with a ton of knowledge on superchargers that before doing pulley upgrades, to make sure to upgrade the fuel system, the impeller if possible, and a better transmission / clutches / valve bodies, etc. otherwise it will hurt the supercharger more than improve it.

I take their advice to heart and even though I had purchased pulleys for upgrading the spinning rate, I will hold off on replacing pulleys because I do not want the overspinning to cause any issues at all, and because others have been there done that, I am currently taking their advice and holding off on the pulley upgrades.

Not sure if this post helps but, I thought why not post what I think / what I know since that is partly what a forum is for!

Good luck and I hope you are able to solve the issue one way or another!
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote