View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
pty370z
Track Member

Drives: over the speed limit
pty370z will become famous soon enoughpty370z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddvette9 View Post
PTY, I was in the same place as you about 6 months ago. This is what I did, and I love it. I left the tweeters alone. I bought some 6.5 2-way door speakers by Pioneer. I bought the Kenwood DDX 514. I also bought the Boss Bass 1200 on Amazon for about 150 (its an all in one amp and sub).

The Kenwood powers the pioneer door speakers and the tweeters, and the sub is plugged into the head unit through RCA's. The whole system cost me about 700 including installation. Its low profile and very nice. It really does sound good, and you can turn everything up loud

If you are looking for simple solution with not a lot of wires and under 1000 for everything, look into going this route.

BTW, in case anyone bashes my suggestions, just know I used to have a JL Audio 10 W7 and their matching 500/1 mono amp. That is the best amp sub combo in the world and just those two things ran me 1000$. I have heard the best, and my setup may not be the "top of the line", but coming from experience it is very nice.
Wow, nice suggestion.. I've already read various comments about the Boss Bass1200 and nothing but good words about it...

I didn't know it was an option to keep the stock tweeters.. How exactly are tweeters wired..?? Not familiar with this.. I've wired speakers to headunits before but always using 4-way or 5-way speakers directly hooked up to the HU but i've never used tweeters to filter out the high frequencies...

So, if I swap my door speakers, no need to swap the tweeters..?? Some lights on this appreciated...
Exterior: INGS+1 * SEIBON * FUJIMURA * PW:JDM * UAM * KICS * VOLK
pty370z is offline   Reply With Quote