View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Your mechanic is wrong. CMC replacement does not increase the probability of CSC failure. I replaced my master cylinder twice in the first 50K miles, and never had any issues with the CSC. I did ultimately replace the CSC, but it was done as a preventative measure, not because it failed.

If you replace the slave, best practice is to replace the master at the same time because dirty seals in the master can allow contaminants into the system even after a fresh bleed. Contaminants in the clutch fluid will definitely increase the probability of failure in the slave.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote