View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNISMO View Post
Yes, I'm needing more room in a car to get my 83 year old mom around and get groceries and things like that. She destroyed her 2016 Subaru Legacy Spec R, and can't drive anymore. It's hard to get her around in the 911. I'm a bit peeved the dealership even sold her that car. So I want something still fun, but bigger. I hate BMW's so thats out. I might get an ATS-V. Just looking around...I don't trust the Panamera S, given the issues with the cam sprocket bolts breaking. Ford has nothing I want, maybe a GT350..Sort of looked at a Golf R, the Focus RS is a mess with blowing head gaskets. Don't want that problem.
Well, my 85 year old mum-in-law still drives a MINI Paceman S All4. I'm waiting for her to let me take it off her hands, but so far no luck! In other words, it is a fun car, has some space but still practical to park, easy enough to get in and out of, and used ones aren't too expensive. So far, it's been pretty easy to work on as well (small things like brakes). Would that appeal, or does it suffer from the BMW stigma?

Also I tote my 90 year old dad around in (formerly) his Honda Crosstour - the V6 AWD. Really a very sporty ride, that almost turns into a minivan when you pull 2 levers to flatten the back seats. It has lots of punch, a naturally aspirated engine, and Honda quality. Think of it as a pauper's Panamera. Can't really beat it with a stick!

So, both of these are elderly-approved options for your consideration.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote